Ten Ways to Master the Art of Playing Paintball
Since the paintball game was discovered, many enthusiasts have found that this game is a stress reliever and some have even made a career out of it. But funds are usually short for average players and this keeps them from taking their skill to the next level. Mastering paintball can be accomplished in ten ways:
1. Playing paintball requires vigorous physical activities: running, jumping, crawling, etc. Eating right, brisk walking, running and eliminating vices such as drinking, smoking, and drugs should be attained to get into shape.
2. Be well informed: books, magazines, and online information are always available for players who want to play or master the game. More of the skills must be learned during the actual playing of the game; but tips and suggestions are important too.
3. Visual practice. Assess the environment where the game will be played. Paintball is a real world scenario for the player. It may sound silly but try developing your instincts in a supermarket. Visualize the routes of escape, where the other shoppers are and what your next step will be.
4. Prepare all of the equipment and accessories that are needed prior to the game. Pack the batteries, towels, pads, etc. and save time looking for an item once the game has started.
5. Wear comfortable clothing that is appropriate for the paintball game. Look for comfortable camouflaged items that are loose so that movements are easily made. Do not wear clothes that make sounds when moving as this will lead the other shooters to you.
6. Before the game, if there is time use it to get the feel of the field. By doing this a player can visualize the field itself, especially during daytime. Look for hiding places and the places where you anticipate the opponents might go.
7. Attitude plays an important role in playing the game. Know your role in the paintball game so you can derive strategies not only for yourself but for the whole team.
8. Be flexible by changing tactics in every game. Opponents can see the pattern of a player and can be use it against him if he does the same thing every time.
9. Review past mistakes and try not to make them again. The best tips that a player can get are from his last game.
10. Upgrade the gadgets: some accessories have inexpensive ways to upgrade. It not only increases your efficiency but also your confidence.
Mastering the game of paintball will take some time. Be patient, practice and time is more important than expensive equipment. Playing paintball is habit forming.
Ten Ways to Master the Art of Playing Paintball
Why Everyone Loves Paintball
Today, many people from all over the world are playing or at least have tried playing paintball. It is becoming one of the most popular outdoor sports in the world, an alternative to classic favorites such as basketball and football. It is the kind of game where everyone can play; a competition where things such as gender, social status, age or race does not bring about discrimination or disadvantage of any kind. All that matters is the ability to think and act quickly. Intelligence and decisiveness are the primary factors that can make a person a paintball expert.
The objective of the game is simple enough: To capture the flag of the enemy while protecting his or her own.
Here are several reasons why paintball is a sport well-loved by many people:
1. Physical contact is not really needed. People can dispense fears of being physically injured, or worse, death. Players do not need to hurt their opponents to have them ejected from the game. You only need to mark them with paintballs, and the deed is already done. No fuss, no “black eyes”!.
2. Equality exists among the players. It is the game where a man has no edge over a woman, or the young can take advantage of the old. The only thing that can give a player have an advantage over the other is experience.
3. Even amateurs can enjoy the game. Chances are that a first time player can eliminate an experienced player.
4. One does not need to be an athlete, since the game can be played with minimal physical contact.
5. Paintball players use a lot of gadgets. Everyone loves the sense of childhood one gets when using intricate toys.
6. The fact that one can just eliminate players is a thrill in itself. Eliminating one's opponent is even encouraged, while protecting the team's flag.
7. There is a foreboding sense of danger. It stems from the awareness that one can be removed from the game in just one blink of the eye, and no one is invincible. The fear is enough to arouse a little bit of anxiety in a player, but not enough to make him so nervous he cannot perform his tasks.
There is no doubt that paintball is one of the most exciting sports ever conceived. It is the kind of game where people can experience the stimulation that other strenuous sports provide, and paintball can develop teamwork and camaraderie among its players.
Paintball Playing Techniques in Developing a Good Game
Paintball is an exciting game, but unless you know the right techniques in playing the game you can never win the battle.
Paintball is an example of a war and chasing game. Because of its tremendous impact on people who love highly stimulating games, its popularity continues to grow. In fact, according to the 2005 statistical reports of the Sporting Goods Manufacturers International, paintball currently ranks third among the most well liked intense and ultimate sports.
Paintball is a kind of stimulation game in which the players are engaged in a battle. The object of the game is based on “survival of the fittest.” Using paintball guns or markers loaded with “gelatin capsules filled with paint,” every player will try to eliminate his opponents. Once the player is hit by the paintball marker, he is automatically removed from the game; therefore, he can no longer participate.
The Playing Techniques
Since paintball is focused on letting an individual or a team obtain an advantage over the other players, it is important to know some of the playing techniques that will enable the player to succeed in winning the game.
Like any stimulation or war games, techniques are important in establishing the right position, the right plan, and the right approach in order to win the game.
Here is a list of some of the playing techniques that every player must know:
This is an important technique when playing paintball because as long as the player remains invisible to his opponents, the more chances he will have of winning the game.
The main concepts of invisibility are: a) motivate the players to play well in the game because they feel good when they are invisible; b) achieve the goal of winning the game because an invisible player is a “tough target” to catch spot ; and c) invisibility initiates comradeship among teammates.
Besides, once a player remains invisible, the longer he can stay in the game.
It is not enough that a player has good camouflage so that he will remain invisible throughout the game. It is also important to obtain tools and devices that would mislead the other players by letting them believe that they have spotted their opponent, but in reality, it was just a ploy.
Try to employ movements that would initiate security and clearance from other players that lurk in the area. Stop running or walking every 30 seconds and check to see if the area is clear.
Using these techniques will definitely ensure the player of winning the game.
Fair Play in the Game of Paintball
Paintball is an extreme game that is gaining in popularity. Though the inventors of this game did it for fun, it has evolved into the third most popular game in the world.
For those who want to play, there are rules to be followed. The first is having the proper gear which will protect the person from paint balls.
Guns should be checked before being used in the matches because the maximum velocity allowed is only 300 feet per second. Anything above that can cause serious injury to the players. As a precaution, barrel plugs should be used to avoid any misfiring incidents for the safety of the gun owner and the people who are present during the event.
Protective equipment must be worn at all times inside the playing field. This consists of a face mask, gloves, and pads for the chest, knees and elbows. When hit, the player must stand up with both hands in the air to inform everyone that he has been eliminated. If the person is not sure of being hit, then ask the referee and he will confirm or deny the hit.
The facemask may fog due to sweat, paint or dirt. When this happens, the player should inform the referee so that he can be escorted away from the field before returning to the game. In case the facemask falls off, the same rule applies. During such instances, the opposing team is not allowed to fire at that person.
Paintball is a sport where a player can only be eliminated by shooting the other person. Should a player wipe the paint off and continue playing the game but is caught by the referee, that player is automatically ejected from the game. This is a form of cheating that is never tolerated.
Players are not allowed to curse or hit the other players. This game is about fun and anyone caught will also be taken out of the game.
There is another way of taking out the opposing player and that is by asking the person to surrender. Should the player show any form of hostile action, then you have no choice but to shoot the opponent.
Rules are made to protect the participants in the game. By knowing the basic rules and checking how the game is played, everyone will have fun and enjoy a good game.
Where to Play Paintball?
There are various types of paintball fields that offer a challenge and excitement to players. Paintball fields add to the overall enjoyment of the sport.
According to paintball fanatics the most exciting and challenging of all fields are the speedball fields. They are made up of equally spaced and equally sized barriers.
The challenge here is that a player can not see past the huge barriers and can bump into or encounter anyone at any time. With the smaller barriers a player can be concealed one way, yet revealed to another player.
“Woodsball” as it is referred to by a lot of paintball players is the “purest” type of setting where paintball is played. On this type of field, players get the feel of the real war game.
Basically, the field is a secluded area in the woods which has an open area. Players “hare”, learn stealth or how to advance the field in a very sneaky manner.
The concept field is often created outdoors, with many objects that have been set up for players to take refuge in or seek protection from. Usually concept fields have a theme, the most common of which is the urban city setting with cars, buildings and many other city elements.
There are some fields that are very creative with their themes, such as medieval themes with castles which have towers, wagons and cutouts of people. Concept fields are interesting and fun: players are able to adjust the skill level of the group by removing or adding obstacles.
These fields offer a much different approach and encounter from an outdoor field. The first and major thing that new players encounter is that here paintball guns are very loud: some find that the sound hurts their ears so they wear earplugs; but this is not necessary most of the time.
Indoor fields are generally found in cities where there is a lack of open areas to play the game. Similar to outdoor fields, indoor arenas also offer a variety of themes and set ups. The range is considered to be the major difference.
A team with great team effort is the key to the game of paintball regardless of where you play - the basic paintball idea remains the same. The option is up to you: select a field that fits your interests and your performance level the best. Paintball fields are as diverse as one’s imagination.
Paintball is a safe, simple yet challenging and strategic sport that is played usually by two teams, each with at least two players. Adults and kids alike enjoy this sport as they often refer to it as an advanced or improvised game of tag.
Tournaments attract many spectators of all ages, as it is a very exciting game to watch.
Paintball games are of various types, however, the most popular game often played is called "capture the flag". The object or the goal of this game is for teams to advance to the opponent’s base, move the other team’s flag to its destined location, at the same time guarding your own flag.The paintball field has many obstacles such as tires, forts, old cars, hay and the newest are “inflatables” that are constructed as refuge for team players; making the game all the more exciting, as if participating in an actual game of war in videos.
When one is hit, it can hurt briefly and at times give players bruises. Players are typically required to be in long sleeves shirt and pants, making sure that the color is not be identical as that of the judge and complete paintball gear such as mask, helmet and goggles for safety.
The sport of paintball has a distinct and accurate set of rules that are strictly followed. The producer of the tournament is the absolute authority in regard to either an alteration or addition to the rules; marshals oversee the event, and their decision is always final. No dispute on the paintball field is accommodated or entertained.
A military approach to paintball is useless, as that knowledge is recognized and understood by the teams. A team’s tactic should be carefully planned; your team’s line of attack will not be known by the opposing team, and there should be a quick switch of plans in case something goes wrong.
There must be a lot of team work involved, as everyone moves through the field. As a team member moves, there should be others to guard and keep watch and give off covering shots when necessary. A team that moves together with a common objective will have a great chance of succeeding in this game.
Communication in the field is also very important. A team-mate can shout the position of the opponent. The moment that a player is seen, the game for that player is up; so there is no reason for you to keep quite; instead, inform the others the location of the enemy.
The excitement of this game concludes when you are seen and eliminated - a situation that all team players struggle to avoid.